Life Styles Inventory™
Research and development by Robert A. Cooke, Ph.D. and J. Clayton Lafferty, Ph.D.
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) is an organisational tool that uses both self-assessment and colleague feedback to identify individual thinking and behavioural styles. By providing insights into strengths and areas for development, it empowers people to embark on their own journeys to being better at, and enjoying more, everything they do.
Designed for managers, leaders, students and those in professional and technical roles, the LSI has helped millions of people to understand and change the way they think and behave. It has also received great feedback on LinkedIn, and been referenced in numerous management and psychology books and journals, and newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal..
How it works
The LSI has three parts:
- LSI 1 (self-description): The individual self-assesses their thinking styles, personal effectiveness and satisfaction at work and home.
- LSI 2 (others’ descriptions): Up to 12 of the focal individual's peers, managers and/or subordinates provide feedback on their behaviour and effectiveness.
- The data collected in these surveys is processed electronically. The results of the two are compared to identify the individual’s confirmed strengths, unrecognised strengths, blind spots and stumbling blocks.
The results and any recommendations are then presented to the individual in a comprehensive, confidential report. A Human Synergistics consultant or accredited practitioner guides them through the findings and helps them to develop a strategy to change the way they think and therefore behave.
The LSI surveys are available online and on almost any digital device, as well as in hard copy.
We recommend that you apply LSI in tandem with the Group Styles Inventory™ and Organisational Culture Inventory®. Together, they enable an integrated approach to developing individual, group and organisational-level thinking and behavioural styles.
The benefits for your organisation
The LSI will help to get your team thinking and behaving to their full potential and contributing to your success as a business and an employer of choice. It’s particularly valuable for helping individuals to:
- discover new ways of thinking and behaving
- improve their effectiveness in their roles
- cope better with stress, pressure and change
- achieve self-set goals
- apply more flexible and creative thinking
- improve their interpersonal relationships
- increase their personal effectiveness.
Make the LSI part of your drive for change
The LSI is best applied by people who’ve been trained to use it. We offer two options:
- A trained and experienced Human Synergistics consultant can help you to use the LSI and implement the change you seek. Simply contact us to find a consultant who’s right for you.
- You can ‘do it yourself’ by arranging LSI accreditation for one or more members of your team. This will ensure they have the skills to administer the LSI and implement meaningful improvement strategies. To get started, register for an accreditation workshop.
If you would like to know more about the LSI, or any of our wide range of diagnostic tools, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.